As a result of the removal of Covid regulations, the scottishathletics and jogscotland Covid Guidance has been withdrawn. To assist our clubs and groups to operate safely, we are continuing to make the guidance document available below as an archived document. While much of the content remains good practice, this document is no longer being updated, and is not intended to reflect or provide advice on current legal restrictions.
For general advice on helping to prevent the spread of Covid, we recommend following Scottish Government rules and guidance on how to stay safe. Covid is still a public health risk, and you can catch it even if you’ve been vaccinated or had it before.
By continuing to care for ourselves and others, we can help slow down the spread of the virus, enable clubs and groups to operate safely, and reduce pressure on health services.
Thanks our clubs and members for their patience, support, and effort over the past two years. Without their relentless hard work, our sport wouldn’t have resumed as quickly as it did.
Archived useful documents and links
- sportscotland online e-learning module for Covid Coordinators in sport (This is a certificated course – it is generic across all sports) Covid Coordinator – e-learning
- Returning to Physical Activity as we ease out of lockdown – ideas and information for jogscotland groups
- Stop the Spread Coronavirus Awareness poster-260820
- Before you train poster
- Hygiene poster
- Symptoms infographic
- Bellahouston Road Runners Return to Training Plan
- JS Covid Coordinator checklist
- Group template – scenario planning – please note we do not know at this stage what future group sizes will be so this document is designed to plan for several different scenarios
- Group return to activity template – Group return to activity template – to help you devise guidance specific for your joggers
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment considerations – The general template risk assessment for Jog Leaders can be found in the Jog Leader Toolkit. This additional document can be used to help update your risk assessments for Covid-19.
For groups looking at booking systems these are some systems we’re aware of that other groups/clubs use.
- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/ (can create your own events for members to book into)
First Aid – COVID-19 specific information
Please share the following links with your Jog Leaders and first aiders. These links refer to first aid procedures during Covid-19.
Mental health and wellbeing
- Coronavirus Mental Health Information Hub from our partners, SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health), is full of advice and useful information on taking care of your wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak. Or, for a quick read, check out their Five Ways to Better Mental Health, full of timeless advice.
- Clear Your Head is the The Scottish Government’s website featuring ways to take care of both your physical and mental wellbeing during lockdown.