Jog leader courses
Our fun, inspiring one-day course, called Leadership in Running Fitness, is all you need to become a jog leader by setting up your own group, or by helping at an existing group.
You don’t need to be super-fit to become a jog leader – some of the best leaders are people who were recently beginners themselves and so have real empathy with others who are just starting to get active. The best qualities you can possess are to be enthusiastic, approachable and encouraging to others.
The full day course includes both classroom and practical sessions. Once you have passed the course:
- You will be able to set up your own jogging group using the jogscotland name
- Your group will be advertised on our Group Finder
- Your sessions will be covered by our insurance
- You can contact our team at jogscotland HQ any time for help and advice
- You will have access to the jogscotland jog leader group on facebook, where you can receive advice, support and friendship from other leaders.
- You will receive access to useful online resources.
If you have any queries about courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can’t see any courses near you, please contact scottishathletics Coaching coordinator Alison Grey – we aim to arrange courses wherever there is sufficient demand.
If you are not already a member of jogscotland, you must join before you do the Jog Leader course – it’s free, and you can do it online.
Please note: The qualification previously known in Scotland as Jog Leader is now known as Leadership in Running Fitness, or LiRF. Completing the LiRF course qualifies you to be a jogscotland Jog Leader, in the same way the course did when it was called Jog Leader.