Jog leader courses
Our fun, inspiring one-day course is all you need to become a Jog Leader by setting up your own group, or by helping at an existing group.
You don’t need to be super-fit to become a Jog Leader – some of the best Leaders are people who were recently beginners themselves and so have real empathy with others who are just starting to get active. The best qualities you can possess are to be enthusiastic, approachable and encouraging to others.
The full day course includes both classroom and practical sessions. Once you have passed the course:
- You will be able to set up your own jogging group using the jogscotland name
- Your group will be advertised on our Group Finder
- Your sessions will be covered by our insurance
- You can contact our team at jogscotland HQ any time for help and advice
- You will have access to the jogscotland Jog Leader group on facebook, where you can receive advice, support and friendship from other leaders.
- You will receive access to useful online resources via UCoach, the UK Athletics coaching resource.
If you have any queries about courses, please contact email@example.com. If you can’t see any courses near you, please contact scottishathletics Coaching coordinator Alison Grey – we aim to arrange courses wherever there is sufficient demand.
Please note: If you are not already a member of jogscotland, you must join before you do the Jog Leader course – it’s free, and you can do it online.
Upcoming courses are listed below – if there are no courses currently listed, that means we’re in the middle of arranging the next set of courses – check back soon!
Starting Date: 3rd March 2018
Available Places: 19Find Out More
Starting Date: 17th March 2018
Available Places: 12Find Out More
Starting Date: 24th March 2018
Available Places: 20Find Out More
Starting Date: 25th March 2018
Available Places: 8Find Out More