Further to the update provided by the First Minister on 23 October regarding the announcement of a five-level system of ‘protections’, the Scottish Government has now completed its consultation process and debated the new framework within parliament. The new framework will be introduced on Monday 2 November 2020 at 6am with the five levels broadly in line with those previously published.
scottishathletics and jogscotland have now received the latest agreed guidance for sport between Scottish Government and sportscotland. Key points include:
- For adult, outdoor jog groups, all those up to and including Level 3 may continue to meet in bubbles of up to 15 people with no physical distancing required (with an ideal ratio of at least 1:12 leaders to joggers).
- In Level 4, physical distancing is required (2m side by side and 5m single file).
However – we would ask jog leaders to also please read the guidance documents carefully for full details.
There are two documents which you can download below – the Framework, which provides a simple summary, and the full Guidance. Whereas we have previously created separate guidance documents for leaders, groups and joggers, there is now only one guidance document for all.
Additional useful documents and links
- sportscotland online e-learning module for Covid Coordinators in sport (This is a certificated course – it is generic across all sports) Covid Coordinator – e-learning
- Returning to Physical Activity as we ease out of lockdown – ideas and information for jogscotland groups
- Stop the Spread Coronavirus Awareness poster-260820
- Before you train poster
- Hygiene poster
- Symptoms infographic
- Bellahouston Road Runners Return to Training Plan
- JS Covid Coordinator checklist
- Group template – scenario planning – please note we do not know at this stage what future group sizes will be so this document is designed to plan for several different scenarios
- Group return to activity template – Group return to activity template – to help you devise guidance specific for your joggers
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment considerations – The general template risk assessment for Jog Leaders can be found in the Jog Leader Toolkit. This additional document can be used to help update your risk assessments for Covid-19.
For groups looking at booking systems these are some systems we’re aware of that other groups/clubs use.
- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/ (can create your own events for members to book into)
First Aid – COVID-19 specific information
Please share the following links with your Jog Leaders and first aiders. These links refer to first aid procedures during Covid-19.
Mental health and wellbeing
- Coronavirus Mental Health Information Hub from our partners, SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health), is full of advice and useful information on taking care of your wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak. Or, for a quick read, check out their Five Ways to Better Mental Health, full of timeless advice.
- Clear Your Head is the The Scottish Government’s website featuring ways to take care of both your physical and mental wellbeing during lockdown.