We are pleased to confirm that, following the First Minister’s announcement on 9 March, jogscotland groups in Level 4 areas may resume group activities from Friday 12 March 2021, in accordance with our updated guidelines. Jog leaders should read the full guidance documents below, and can find other useful information on the Covid page of our website.
Key points for those in Level 4 areas include:
- Those aged 12+ and over can take part in organised group exercise with their group.
- Permitted group size is up to 15 people, including jog leaders.
- Physical distancing should be maintained at all times – 2m when side by side, and 5m when running single file.
- Where there are multiple bubbles operating at the same venue, risk assessments must be completed to ensure there can be no mixing of participants before, during or after the activity.
- Adults (18+) should only travel locally (within their local authority area) to take part in organised sport or physical activity.
- Coaches and jog leaders can travel across local authority boundaries to coach/lead. However, please remember to minimise travel where possible.
- For informal exercise, people of all ages can travel up to 5 miles from their local authority boundary, meeting in accordance household guidelines on group size.
All areas of Scotland are currently in Level 4, except the following, which are in Level 3:
- The following islands within Argyll and Bute: Coll, Colonsay, Erraid, Gometra, Iona, Islay, Jura, Mull, Oronsay, Tiree, and Ulva
- All islands in Highland, with the exception of Skye, which comes within the national restrictions.
We’d like to thank all our members for their patience whilst we have waited for the latest national update and prepared our amended guidance documents.