Could you inspire others to get active? At the heart of jogscotland are our Jog Leaders – they inspire, encourage and guide our members, from complete beginners to experienced runners.
You don’t have to be fast to be a great Jog Leader – some of the very best are people who were recently beginner joggers themselves and remember how it felt.
All it takes to become a Jog Leader is to complete our enjoyable one-day course. Through a combination of classroom and practical sessions, you’ll learn about:
- Setting up, organising and publicising your group
- The things that can stop people leading an active lifestyle, and how to help overcome them
- Getting people started and leading them through our progressive jogging programmes so they enjoy real improvements in their fitness
- Planning sessions and keeping them interesting
- Our fun, friendly ethos
- Managing mixed-ability groups
Once you complete the course you’ll have all the knowledge you need to set up your own jogscotland group, or to become a leader in an existing group. You’ll receive a copy of our helpful Jog Leader manual, a high vis Jog Leader bib, and get access to the lively, friendly Jog Leader facebook group, where you can receive support and advice from other Jog Leaders.
Interested? Take a look at the forthcoming courses and give it a go!
Not sure? Check out this recent blog post from new jogscotland group, the Runbetweeners and see what they thought of the course.